DRAFT- Community Council minutes for 3rd May 2011 PDF Print E-mail

AUCHENCAIRN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

 

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 03 MAY 2011

IN THE MURRAY HALL ANNEXE AT 7.30 PM.

1. PRESENT

    Guy Pounder (Vice Chairman)

    Carole Ashton

    John Simpson

    Fiona Anderson (Secretary)

2. VISITORS

    Cllr Jane Maitland, Mr K Kerrison and Mr and Mrs Norris.

3. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

   Councillors Thomas Jacques, Patsy Gilroy and Brian Jones.

4. POLICE MATTERS – No representative present.

5. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – 05 APRIL 2011

    Accepted as a true record.  Proposed by Carole Ashton

                                               Seconded by John Simpson

6.  MATTERS ARISING

    6.2  Tap in disabled toilet – Supplier has been found.  Hopefully be able to get replacement –

    ongoing.

    10.4  D & G Fire & Rescue Authority – reply sent requesting a representative attend one of our

    Meetings re Action Plan.  Await reply.

    11.1  Murray Hall Keeper/Cleaner – See AOCB, 11.7

    11.2  Fund Raising – this will be discussed at a separate meeting.  Date TBC.

.

7.  FINANCE

    Amounts held in accounts are as follows:

    General account    £ 11,581.89 (Robin Rigg Money Ring-Fenced)

    Heughan Fund      £   5,937.644(Civic Pride Grant £4,000)

    Car Care Scheme £       288.32 (Coffee Morning donation to be added in).

    As Cllr Jones was unable to attend this meeting, Cllr Pounder read out email which had been sent

    prior and reported as follows:

  1. A donation of £200.00 (via the estate of a previous resident of Auchencairn) was gifted to the

Car Care Scheme.  A letter of thanks is to be sent to the family.

  1. Year-end Accounts are still with the Accountant.  They will be completed and returned for the

AGM.

8.  AUCHENCAIRN INITIATIVE REPORT

    a.  Field in front of Crocket Road – Knotweed eradication – this will be discussed at the next

         meeting.  Grant applications are continuing.  Fruit trees will be planted, possibly apple trees.

    b.  Crocket Road – Tree Trimming – question over who is responsible for these trees, Initiative or

         Council.  Await outcome.

  1. Proposed mini hydro system.  This has a long way to go, but possibly could be an economic runner. 

    d.  Website – a new website has now been set up.  There is now a map which is approximately 50

         years old.  Await confirmation of this.  At this point, Mr K Kerrison informed all present that

         he had offered his services to update the website.  The Chairman thanked Mr Kerrison and it   

         was confirmed that the Minutes of this meeting will be sent to him for inclusion on the

         website.

    e.  Sunday Papers – The Initiative has agreed to pass the Sunday Paper  money collected (profit)

         to the ACC.  This money will be used as part payment for a Hall Cleaner.

    f.  Mr Roy Wilson had given a talk to the Initiative on the Local Development Plan for our

        village.  Any comments can be made to the Council at any time. 

  9.  COUNCIL MATTERS

   Cllr Maitland reported as follows:

  1. Attended Seminar on the Interim Policy on Wind Farms (Land based), Planning and Environment.  This will be put out to the public for consultation in May.  The Scottish Government have to meet targets which have been raised from 80 to 100%.  There are three categories – small, medium and large. Cllr Simpson asked if Screel and or Bengairn could be included.  Cllr Maitland replied that she thought not as SSSI is considered.  Cllr Pounder then asked what form would be taken.  The reply was a Road Show and also Online.  Cllr Pounder proceeded to ask of the issue of individual applications which appear to be ion the increase.  Cllr Maitland replied this Council Consultation will deal with this kind of issue.
  2. Arts – Tolbooth, Kirkcudbright. There is no proposal to close this building.  Visitor numbers

are increasing, not declining.  A Business Plan is to be produced.

  1. Planning, Housing & Environment – discussion ensued as to the state of local roads,

             Palnackie by-pass being included.  Cllr Maitland suggested that the Stewartry Convention

             be contacted with a view to a presentation being given by the Roads Department as to the

             Roads Maintenance Plan. 

10. CORRESPONDENCE

  1. Planning Applications – None relevant to Auchencairn.
  2. SWesttrans – Local Bus:  Policy and Root and Branch Review results.
  3. Letter of reply to Mrs Maxwell.
  4. Email of reply to Cllr Pounder email.
  5. Scottish Government Consumer Panels – Call for Volunteers.
  6. NHS Dumfries and Galloway Meeting Dates April 2011 – March 2012.

      7.   Stewartry Area Committee Meeting Minutes – 16 & 21 March 2011.

      8.   RSE – Dumfries & Galloway Public Talk Programme Spring 2011. Details in Post Office.

      9.   Email re change of address for Cllr Simpson.

    10.   Email from Treasurer re finances – see 7.a and b.

    11.   Email re representation at NSA Advisory Group Meeting.  It was agreed that Mrs Norris

           would attend on behalf of ACC.

    12.  Email from Mr K Mycock re Presentation made to Stewartry Convention.

 11.  ANY OTHER COMPETENT BUSINESS

     1.  Fire Extinguishers Certificates to be laminated and placed in Ante Room – to be investigated.

     2.  Murray Hall – Use of Hall for Election on Thu 05 May.  Hall will be set-up before we leave

          tonight and Cllr Simpson will open and close as required.

     3.  Mon 09 May – Yoga – Cllr Anderson to open Hall for Yoga.

  1. Cllr Pounder reported he had attended the Police, Fire and Rescue Presentation which was very interesting.  There are severe doubts as to the amalgamation with other Regional forces.  The Chief Constable and Chief Fire Officer were sceptical but open for questions.  They were interested in the public views.  If this did go ahead, D & G would have to draft-in from other areas for support and there would certainly be a reduction in the Fire Service. There followed a discussion re costs and Cllr Maitland stated that there are very few fires per head in our area.  She suggested now is the time to lobby our local MSP’s.
  2. Bonfire Site – Mr R Paton to be contacted with a view to rolling round this area. Cllr Pounder to attend to this matter.
  3. Arts Festival – Wild Thing in Murray Hall, Sat 28 May 11.  Cllr Simpson to make contact with relevant person.
  4. Hall Keeper – as there has been no response to the advertisement in the Post Office and Notice Board, possibility of having both a Hall Keeper and Hall Cleaner. Discussion ensued re conditions of let and booking form.  New Terms and Conditions are to be produced. Discussion re Hall charges.  Suggestion that one charge only (Hall and electric).  Budget to be set-up and agreed, then charges will be reviewed.

     5.  Use of Murray Hall and Ante Room on Saturday 26 March 2011.  Complaints have been

          made to ACC about noise well after 1.00 am and persons using it for overnight

          accommodation.  To be investigated.

     6.  ACC Constitution – to be discussed further in time for the AGM in June 2011.

There being no other competent business, the meeting closed at 9.16pm.

13.  DATE OF NEXT MEETING

       Tuesday 07 June 2011 in the Murray Hall Annexe at 7.00pm, followed by monthly meeting.

       PLEASE NOTE:  Change of Time as this is the AGM