|DRAFT- Community Council minutes for 3rd May 2011|
AUCHENCAIRN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 03 MAY 2011
IN THE MURRAY HALL ANNEXE AT 7.30 PM.
Guy Pounder (Vice Chairman)
Fiona Anderson (Secretary)
Cllr Jane Maitland, Mr K Kerrison and Mr and Mrs Norris.
3. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillors Thomas Jacques, Patsy Gilroy and Brian Jones.
4. POLICE MATTERS – No representative present.
5. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – 05 APRIL 2011
Accepted as a true record. Proposed by Carole Ashton
Seconded by John Simpson
6. MATTERS ARISING
6.2 Tap in disabled toilet – Supplier has been found. Hopefully be able to get replacement –
10.4 D & G Fire & Rescue Authority – reply sent requesting a representative attend one of our
Meetings re Action Plan. Await reply.
11.1 Murray Hall Keeper/Cleaner – See AOCB, 11.7
11.2 Fund Raising – this will be discussed at a separate meeting. Date TBC.
Amounts held in accounts are as follows:
General account £ 11,581.89 (Robin Rigg Money Ring-Fenced)
Heughan Fund £ 5,937.644(Civic Pride Grant £4,000)
Car Care Scheme £ 288.32 (Coffee Morning donation to be added in).
As Cllr Jones was unable to attend this meeting, Cllr Pounder read out email which had been sent
prior and reported as follows:
Car Care Scheme. A letter of thanks is to be sent to the family.
8. AUCHENCAIRN INITIATIVE REPORT
a. Field in front of Crocket Road – Knotweed eradication – this will be discussed at the next
meeting. Grant applications are continuing. Fruit trees will be planted, possibly apple trees.
b. Crocket Road – Tree Trimming – question over who is responsible for these trees, Initiative or
Council. Await outcome.
d. Website – a new website has now been set up. There is now a map which is approximately 50
years old. Await confirmation of this. At this point, Mr K Kerrison informed all present that
he had offered his services to update the website. The Chairman thanked Mr Kerrison and it
was confirmed that the Minutes of this meeting will be sent to him for inclusion on the
e. Sunday Papers – The Initiative has agreed to pass the Sunday Paper money collected (profit)
to the ACC. This money will be used as part payment for a Hall Cleaner.
f. Mr Roy Wilson had given a talk to the Initiative on the Local Development Plan for our
village. Any comments can be made to the Council at any time.
9. COUNCIL MATTERS
Cllr Maitland reported as follows:
are increasing, not declining. A Business Plan is to be produced.
Palnackie by-pass being included. Cllr Maitland suggested that the Stewartry Convention
be contacted with a view to a presentation being given by the Roads Department as to the
Roads Maintenance Plan.
7. Stewartry Area Committee Meeting Minutes – 16 & 21 March 2011.
8. RSE – Dumfries & Galloway Public Talk Programme Spring 2011. Details in Post Office.
9. Email re change of address for Cllr Simpson.
10. Email from Treasurer re finances – see 7.a and b.
11. Email re representation at NSA Advisory Group Meeting. It was agreed that Mrs Norris
would attend on behalf of ACC.
12. Email from Mr K Mycock re Presentation made to Stewartry Convention.
11. ANY OTHER COMPETENT BUSINESS
1. Fire Extinguishers Certificates to be laminated and placed in Ante Room – to be investigated.
2. Murray Hall – Use of Hall for Election on Thu 05 May. Hall will be set-up before we leave
tonight and Cllr Simpson will open and close as required.
3. Mon 09 May – Yoga – Cllr Anderson to open Hall for Yoga.
5. Use of Murray Hall and Ante Room on Saturday 26 March 2011. Complaints have been
made to ACC about noise well after 1.00 am and persons using it for overnight
accommodation. To be investigated.
6. ACC Constitution – to be discussed further in time for the AGM in June 2011.
There being no other competent business, the meeting closed at 9.16pm.
13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday 07 June 2011 in the Murray Hall Annexe at 7.00pm, followed by monthly meeting.
PLEASE NOTE: Change of Time as this is the AGM