Community Council Minutes
Community Council Minutes for December 2012 PDF Print E-mail
The Minutes of the Community Council meeting held on 4th December 2012 can be viewed here:

Read more...
 
Community Council Minutes for 1st February 2011 PDF Print E-mail

AUCHENCAIRN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 01 FEBRUARY 2011
IN THE MURRAY HALL ANNEXE AT 7.30 PM.

Read more...
 
Community Council Minutes for 1st March 2011 PDF Print E-mail

AUCHENCAIRN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 01 MARCH 2011

IN THE MURRAY HALL ANNEXE AT 7.30 PM.

Read more...
 
DRAFT Community Council Minutes for 5th April 2011 PDF Print E-mail

 

AUCHENCAIRN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 05 APRIL 2011

IN THE MURRAY HALL ANNEXE AT 7.30 PM.

 

 

1. PRESENT

David Beresford (Chairman)

Guy Pounder (Vice Chairman)

Brian Jones (Treasurer)

Carole Ashton

John Simpson

Fiona Anderson (Secretary)

2. VISITORS

Cllr Thomas Jacques and Mr and Mrs Norris.

3. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Councillors Jane Maitland, Patsy Gilroy and PC Jim Drysdale.

 

4. The Chairman, Cllr David Beresford welcomed all present to the April Meeting and proceeded to

read out his resignation letter. He then asked the Vice Chairman, Cllr Guy Pounder to take over

the meeting then left the meeting. Cllr Pounder stated that this was not expected but we would

continue with the meeting.

 

5. POLICE MATTERS – No representative present.

 

6. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – 01 MARCH 2011

Accepted as a true record. Proposed by Brian Jones

Seconded by Carole Ashton

 

7. MATTERS ARISING

6.2 Tap in disabled toilet – Supplier has been found. Hopefully be able to get replacement –

ongoing.

10.4 D & G Fire & Rescue Authority – reply sent requesting a representative attend one of our

Meetings re Action Plan. Await reply.

10.8 Snow shovels – Cllr Simpson reported that snow shovels, gloves and hi-vis jackets x 2 have

now arrived.

11.1 Murray Hall Cleanliness/Cleaning – See AOCB, 12.2.

11.2 Fund Raising – this will be discussed at a separate meeting. Date TBC.

.

8. FINANCE

Amounts held in accounts are as follows:

General account £ 12,539.49 (Robin Rigg Money Ring-Fenced)

Heughan Fund £ 5,978.54(Civic Pride Grant £4,000)

Car Care Scheme £ 288.30 (Coffee Morning donation to be added in).

Cllr Jones reported as follows:

a. Accounts to be passed to the Accountant by end of this week as end of financial year.

b. Overview of finances re Phase I of the Murray Hall Project which is now complete.

c. Meeting to be arranged to discuss Phase II. Date TBC.

d. Owing to other commitments, the Treasurer requested help with the day-to day finances of ACC.

9. AUCHENCAIRN INITIATIVE REPORT

a. Initiative needs new members, particularly ladies. Anyone interested, please

contact any member of the Initiative – ongoing.

b. Field in front of Crocket Road – Knotweed eradication, quotations continuing to be sourced.

Funding process is now in place.

c. Bird Hide – repairs will go ahead when weather improves.

d. Heughan House – Damp patch in hall – Grahams will rectify ASAP – ongoing.

e. Website – a new website has now been set up. If there are any issues, please contact any

member of the Initiative.

f. Storage of paperwork in Hall for both the Initiative and the Community Council - this issue

will be an ongoing problem until all refurbishment Phases are complete.

g. Initiative had a presentation by the Crichton Carbon Centre re mini turbine in the village burn.

A feasibility study has been carried out. This may possibly be the next project.

h. The new sign for the Play Area has now been installed.

i. New mugs are for sale in the Post Office.

j. Sunday Papers – as there is a small profit from this venture, Cllr Jones suggested this money

could be used along with CC money to employ a Caretaker/Cleaner. Cllr Pounder to raise this

suggestion at the next Initiative Meeting.

Post Meeting Note: The Initiative has agreed to pass the Sunday Paper organisation and

money collected to the ACC.

10. COUNCIL MATTERS

Cllr Jacques reported as follows:

1. A Strategic Committee of seven members has been formed in Joint Partnership Board with the NHS and was set-up for “Care for the Elderly”. This Committee will be able to make financial decisions and a budget has already been set up. Cllr Simpson asked what the definition of “elderly” was. Cllr Jacques responded by stating that anyone who required “care”. Initially the GP and/or Social Services should be contacted.

2. Attended Seminar at the Social Work Department re financing of Day Centres which is to be reviewed. Day Centres are not run by the Council but by volunteers. Here in Auchencairn we are fortunate to have the Thursday Club and the fortnightly Coffee Mornings. Social Work is concerned re “lone” persons.

3. Stewartry Area Committee - increase in budget which was not expected.

4. Public Meeting re Future of Policing and the Fire & Rescue Service. See Correspondence.

At least one representative from ACC will be present.

5. New Planning System appears to be running smoothly. Cllr Jacques is now a member of the Review Board.

6. Due to the early retirement of one of the Council Directors, a “Position” has become available and has not yet been filled.

7. A Council Seminar is to be held in relation to concerns over wind-farms. Cllr Simpson asked about a “dummy-run” for the windmills transport through Gelston which he encountered last week. On being asked, Cllr Jacques said that the Wind-farm Company would be paying for escort by the Police. Following on from this, and with regard to the Robin Rigg extension, recently shelved as there were great objections, a licence could still be applied for but would face greater opposition and would be difficult to achieve.

 

11. CORRESPONDENCE

1. Planning Applications – None relevant to Auchencairn.

2. Loreburn Newsletter.

3. Letter re IT Centre, Castle Douglas – to be placed in Post Office.

4. NHS Dumfries and Galloway – Clinical Services Strategy.

5. Notification of Military Exercise Activity. (Past)

11. CORRESPONDECE CONT’D

6. Email re Public Consultation for the Local Development Plan – extended hours.

7. Stewartry Area Committee Meetings – 16 and 21 March 2011.

8. Letter from Solway Heritage.

9. Email re Public Service Efficiency Update.

10. Email re E-planning.

11. Email re E-planning search facility.

12. Community Council Updates.

13. Village Hall Improvement Scheme x 2 – Cllrs Jones & Simpson.

14. Letter re Themed Public Meeting – Future of Policing and the Fire & Rescue Service in

Scotland - 18 Apr 11 in Kirkcudbright Primary School at 6.30pm – Cllr Pounder to attend.

15. Balmaghie Community Council Newsletter.

16. Letter from Mrs N Maxwell – see below 12.4.

 

12. ANY OTHER COMPETENT BUSINESS

1. Fire Extinguishers Certificates to be laminated and placed in Ante Room.

2. Hall Bookings/Cleanliness/Cleaning – due to the resignation of Cllr David Beresford, it was

agreed, after discussion there would be no further bookings taken for the hall until we have

employed a Caretaker/Cleaner who will be paid. To this end, notices have been put up in the

Post Office and on the Notice Board. Cllr John Simpson (01556 640 218) will keep the Hall

Diary for the time being. All queries should be directed to him.

3. It appears a “white van man” is in our area. They are offering to carry-out removals of scrap,

rubbish, etc. If you are suspicious, contact the Police immediately, preferable with the

registration number of the vehicle.

4. Letter from Mrs Maxwell. All Cllrs had received a copy and this resulted in a lengthy

discussion. Cllr Pounder to send a letter of reply inviting Mrs Maxwell to discuss the issues.

Post Meeting Note: Letter sent 12 April 2011.

5. Use of Murray Hall and Ante Room on Saturday 26 March 2011. Complaints have been

made to ACC about noise well after 1.00 am and persons using it for overnight

accommodation. To be investigated.

6. ACC Constitution – after discussion, it was agreed that this will be discussed in time for the

AGM which is in June 2011.

 

There being no other competent business, the meeting closed at 9.43pm.

 

13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 03 May 2011 in the Murray Hall Annexe at 7.30pm.

 

 
Community Council Minutes for 6th October 2009 PDF Print E-mail
Read more...
 
DRAFT- Community Council minutes for 3rd May 2011 PDF Print E-mail

AUCHENCAIRN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 03 MAY 2011

IN THE MURRAY HALL ANNEXE AT 7.30 PM.

Read more...
 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Page 6 of 12